Please check out the Home Skillet website for more information about what we do.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Welcome

Well, here we are with Post #1. The Home Skillet flyers are hanging around town, the word is out among a select group of friends and hopefully spreading, and I am cooking up a storm in anticipation.

I've always felt there was something wrong with the detachment inherent to restaurant cooking. I cook and plate a dish, someone picks it up and whisks it around the corner and out of sight, and I never hear about it again. Was it enjoyed? Tolerated? Hated? Was it still hot when it was eaten? Did it look the same as when it left the kitchen? Cooking in a bubble is no way to cook.

That's why I am so excited about this new venture. To be able to create a thoroughly personalized dining experience - this specific food for these specific people - without the buffer of a service staff or a physical restaurant is both daunting and liberating. There's nothing to hide behind, so I had better be on my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment